Thursday 13 May 2010

2000 AD Prog Slog Blog to End

In November 2006, after an impetuous ill-thought out bid on eBay, I won the first 1188 programmes of 2000 AD. Rather than just have them sit piled up in my bedroom collecting dust tormenting me about how much money I had spent on them, I decided I was obliged to read them all. I thought, rather than just read them why not blog about the experience too. So, I started the 2000 AD Prog Slog Blog where I review every other issue of the Galaxy’s greatest comic and many of it’s associated publications.

Well, after three and a half years of thrill power intensity turning my mind into a boggled mess and over 700 entries , the blog is due to come to it’s intended conclusion this weekend. Of course, I would like to tell you how proud I am to have got this far but there’s a part of me that feels ashamed at having used up so much time on a project which, let’s face it, is obsessive and stupid. All I can say for certain is, ‘it’s been emotional’ and ‘thank God it’s over’.

If you ever read 2000 AD when you were younger or have an interest in the blog then you can read all entries so far here. The final prog is scheduled to be reviewed early tomorrow evening while the farewell entry will appear sometime over the weekend. Finally, if you’re one of those people who think that the 2000 AD Prog Slog Blog should continue then you will be pleased to know that David Page is picking up where I will be leaving off on his blog.

pbrainey

No comments: